Friday, May 6, 2022

Field Trip Fun (Finally!)

This is kind of crazy to think about, but Brooke and Brecklyn haven't been on a field trip with school since the fall of 2019 when they were in Pre-K. They missed their spring field trip that year after school was canceled due to Covid, we homeschooled them for the 2020-2021 school year, and there were no fall field trips this year (first grade) also due to Covid. To say they were excited when they heard they were going on a field trip is an understatement!

The field trip was for first grade to go bowling. I went with both Brianna and Brenson on this field trip when they were in first grade, and I didn't want to miss the chance to go with Brooke and Brecklyn. 

Part of the excitement of a field trip is getting to ride on the school bus . . . especially when you are a car rider who doesn't get to ride the bus!

Brooke on the bus with her classmates

The parents aren't allowed to ride on the bus, so we met the first graders at the bowling alley. As soon as I walked in, Brooke ran up to hug me, and Mrs. Lewis asked me if I'd go with a sick child to the bathroom. UGH. The sick child thought they were going to throw up, and I was selfishly very thankful that they didn't! After I got her taken care of, I went to join my girls!

Brecklyn and Brooke

The girls were in groups several lanes away from each other, so I spent my time going back and forth to be with both of them. They were excited to have me there!


Brooke was so happy to bowl, but quickly became frustrated that she wasn't having much luck. 


Brecklyn was also excited and was surprisingly good at it. I think she won both games in her lane!


Brianna also came with me, and I think Brooke and Brecks were happy to show her off a bit :-).

Brooke's lane included Brooke, Addabelle, Davis, and Amberlyn

Brecklyn was on a lane with Kaizlee, Ava, and Alaina

In years past, after bowling the kiddos would get to play at the park for an hour or so. However, the park they normally go to is currently under construction and the weather was not great, so they just went back to school instead. This did not make Brooke happy, so Bri and I took her home with us. Brecklyn wanted to return to school, so that's what she did. Upon returning to school, she wrote this about her field trip:

 Bowling with a bunch of first graders really isn't my jam, but I am very thankful I got to be there with my twinbies. It is a special memory that I will cherish!





No comments: