Friday, June 17, 2022

Guess What's Back?!?

For the first time since 2019 (because stupid Covid ruined everything), we had Vacation Bible School. Hooray!!!

VBS is a ton of work and some years I have found myself a little weary of it. However, after not having it for two years, I was SO THANKFUL to have it again. It is one of our biggest outreaches to the community, and it is so important for our kiddos. And of course, as a teacher I always learn and grow, too!

The theme this year was Fearless, Lessons from the Book of Acts, which I found especially encouraging. Our display at the front of the auditorium was probably one of my favorites we've ever done. Each evening, we projected the theme verse for that evening on the scroll, and the effect was really great. 

Throughout the rest of the building, we had a bit of a mountain theme going. The photo below is the bulletin board in the multi-purpose room. 

We did a great mountain scene down one side of the classroom hallway, 

and flames with our themed posters down the other side. The kiddos loved it!



My favorite VBS age to teach is 4 and 5 year olds, so I was happy to have that class again this year. 

I always enjoy setting up and decorating my classroom!


My little girls just barely remember VBS and what it's all about. The Bigs remember it better, but it's safe to say they were all EXCITED to be back at it this year!

Chris was our VBS director and did a great job, as usual.

I never know how big my class is going to be which makes planning kind of hard. I've had anywhere from one to twelve students through the years, as sometimes we have a lot of visitors from the community. We door-knocked the community for two Saturdays, but sadly didn't have any visitors from the town this year. I think people are still cautious due to Covid. We did have visitors from other congregations, and of course our own kids attended well. I was very thankful for my two sweeties I was able to teach!

Shane, Caroline, and Chelley

Chelley and Shane

Chelley and Caroline

My kids were especially pleased that Zac, Neo, and Lia were able to come to our VBS every night. Bren was in class with Zac and Neo, and it made his day!

Silly boys!

Brecklyn, Lia, Brianna, and Brooke

Brianna and Lia

Chelley and Angie . . . so thankful they drove up every night to attend our VBS!

Our numbers were definitely down this year as we've lost some momentum - and we were especially slim on the last night as people are often attending their own congregations - BUT it was still SO worth all the effort and time. Pouring into these precious souls is truly a privilege, and I hope we always see it as such!
Most of the kids on the last night





No comments: