Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Little Blue for Two!

In this post, I shared all about our experience with getting Covid a week before the kids were supposed to go to bible camp. Thankfully, they both tested negative in time to go! There was lots of talk about potentially missing out on it this year, and along with that talk were some tears (from Brianna). We were all happy for them that they got to go!

We left our house at about 7:00am on Sunday, July 10th to head toward camp. It's a four hour drive from our house, so we stopped for worship services and lunch in Lamar, Missouri on the way up. I was still on the struggle bus from having Covid so recently, but I was able to help Bri get her bed all set up for the week. Chris helped Bren.

Ready for a great week in Cabin 1!


So happy to be there!

Yay for new cabins!

After getting the kids settled at camp, Chris, the twins, and I drove over to Overland Park (about 45 minutes) and checked into a hotel. We then went to Olathe for worship services that evening before turning in for the night. On Monday morning, the girls and I dropped Chris off at work for the day so he could finally meet some of his co-workers face-to-face. My plan was to have a fun day with Brooke and Brecklyn, but I just needed to sleep. I slept while they watched TV until time to check out of our room, then we went to lunch. After lunch, we went to Antioch Park upon the recommendation of Leah Thrasher. This was a park I played at as a child, so it had me all in my feels! 

Brecklyn, Brooke

Brooke, Brecklyn

This park has a path all around a pond that we took. It was so humbling for me because I kept having to stop and rest on the way around. It was beautiful, though!

There were lots of playgrounds to keep the girls entertained, and I was thankful for that. I sat on a bench while they played, and thankfully they were understanding about that!




After a few hours of play, we picked Chris up from work and headed back to Oklahoma. I slept pretty much the whole way home.

While I took it really easy all week continuing to recover from Covid, the Big kids were having a great time at camp! Russ sent me this gem of Bren, haha!

Bri was thrilled to be with some of her close friends!

Camp life!

Charlotte, Bri, and Lydia

Bri's crew!

Cabin 4 girls!

Memories to last a lifetime!

On Friday, July 15th, Chris, the twins, and I headed back up to camp to pick up Bri and Bren. Since camp last year, Bri had been asking to attend two camp sessions this year. We told her if she would save enough money to pay for one session on her own, then she could attend both. She saved the money, and that told us how serious she was about it! Bren was not interested in more than one session because, in his words, "I lose enough sleep in one week!" Haha. 

We didn't want to drive back and forth four separate times for Bri to attend two sessions, so we made a plan for her to stay with some friends on Saturday night after we all stayed at a hotel on Friday night. Even though I wasn't super at ease with this arrangement, Chloe was staying with the same friends and that helped me feel better. 

Once we picked Bri and Bren up from camp on Friday, we took all the kids to a park near our hotel. I was still weak and struggling to do much, but the kids had a blast playing!

Brianna, Brecklyn, Brooke, and Brenson


This park also has a pretty water feature.

What a tree!!!

So glad to be reunited with my babies!

After a *hot* time at the park, we grabbed some dinner at a local hibachi place. My appetite was still meagre at best, but this hit the spot.

The next morning (Saturday), we made a Wal-mart run and spent a few hours at the laundry mat to get Brianna ready for another week at camp. After lunch, we dropped her off with the Halls and headed back to Oklahoma.

I was thankful that Sarah sent me a few photos that evening. It helped put my mind at ease!

Brianna, Chloe, Leyha, Kylie, and Vaneza

Having a great time!

I wasn't concerned at all about Bri going to a second week of camp. The girl loves people and loves camp! Photos like this make me smile.

Bri and Makenzie

The following Friday, Chris and I agreed that I would make the trip to pick Brianna up and bring her home. He{understandably} didn't want to miss another day of work, and I was finally feeling well enough to venture out without him. Brooke was going to ride along with me but woke up not feeling great, so Brecklyn took one for the team and was my road-trip buddy.

Of course, Brianna was wiped out after two weeks of camp. She slept all the way from camp to Joplin!

We stopped at Chick-fil-a for some dinner. Brecklyn was pretty happy to have her sister back home!

I'm so grateful that my kiddos have the opportunity to go to bible camp, build relationships with like-minded people, and grow in their knowledge of God's word. I sure miss them when they're gone, but I also recognize what a great opportunity it is for them. 



No comments: