Monday, October 3, 2022

September Round-Up!

What a month this has been! We had a lot going on with the ladies retreat, gospel meeting, lectureship, running, school, and work. Somehow, there was still more, and here are a few of the other things that occupied our month. 

I wonder how many of my monthly round-up posts contain photos of the sunrise or sunset? The photos below are actually of an after-storm evening sky, complete with amazing rainbows!

Brooke and Brecklyn in front of our house . . . that sky though!

For a long time, Brooke and Brecklyn have slept in separate beds. Recently, however, we've been seeing them more and more in the same bed. It's so sweet!


Speaking of people in other people's beds . . . it's not uncommon for us to have a bed full of little people in the evenings or first thing in the morning. I try to appreciate these moments because I know they won't last forever!

I have been reading about how to use my Cricut machine to cut iron-on vinyl decals for shirts or other material. I finally decided to take the plunge and give it a try. I asked Coach Renee for the Falcons logo, and she graciously shared it with me. My first project was successful!

I went on to made some cute Halloween shirts for the girls, too!

I decided to make a shirt for everyone in the family, although this undertaking wasn't without some mistakes . . . a ruined shirt, wasted vinyl, and frustration! 


I realized pretty quickly that if I was going to make many shirts, I needed to invest in an actual heat press versus using an iron. Chris agreed with me, and I was happy to discover how much easier it is! I made the girls the shirts in the photo below for Homecoming week at school with my brand new heat press!

The girls really wanted to go to the Homecoming parade during Homecoming week, but I had no interest in taking them. They talked their Daddy into taking them . . . they all had a great time while I enjoyed some quiet time at home. Win, win!

This month, the big kids started an apologetics class with Mr. Randall on Thursdays. They are studying the book Flooded and the evidence we have for the biblical, worldwide flood. It has been a great class! We are really grateful for the opportunity to take it!

We also began a new unit on Chemistry this month. I am using a completely different science curriculum than I have the past two years, and so far it's been great! Bren, especially, is really in to it!

On Tuesdays, we are participating in a local homeschool co-op again. This semester, Bren is taking guitar, Biztown, and Spanish, while Bri is taking color guard, Biztown, and Spanish. It makes for a long day for me as we are there from 10:00am until 4:00pm. But, we enjoy being with several families we know from other parts of our life and meeting new friends. 

Spanish class doing a parachute activity

Another thing we are doing this year with our homeschool is homeschool band! I am especially excited for this! Brianna is playing the trumpet, and Brenson is playing trombone. Band practice is once a week on Wednesdays, so right now we have something going every day of the week!

Caroline is playing softball this year, so on one of {very few} evenings we had free this month, we went to watch her play. She was the cutest catcher!


The fan club!

💗

Second grade is going really well for Brooke and Brecklyn so far. We got their school pics back this month, and I was pretty pleased with them. I can't believe my babies are in 2nd grade 😭.

Brooke

Brecklyn

By the looks of our October calendar, life is not going to slow down soon! This is certainly a busy season for us, but I'm so thankful for the abundant opportunities we have to do things that help us grow!



No comments: