Saturday, November 26, 2022

Always Thankful!

Thanksgiving 2022 was super simple, but also really great. The kids began an apologetics class with Mr. Randall in September, and he had talked very seriously about taking a quick trip as a class to The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum over Thanksgiving break. We had left our schedule really open in case the trip materialized. Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time, but I was actually really ok with that. We've had such a hectic fall season that I was ready for some down time!

We invited Mom and Dad to join us for a meal on Thanksgiving Day, but my other siblings were doing other things this time. While we missed seeing everyone, it was nice to have a small group and low-key day!

The kids and Chris are really good about getting up to help me cook the big meal. I'm thankful for lots of helping hands in the kitchen!

Brooke and Momma peeling potatoes

Brecklyn and Brianna mixing up a casserole

Brooke and Brecklyn making Watergate Salad

Of course, Mom and Dad came over in plenty of time to help with much of the food prep, too. Mom brought the turkey and saved the wishbone for Brecklyn and Brooke. I'm thankful for good food!

Somehow, they each got an equal piece!

We had a lovely dinner around noon, then all spent some time relaxing a bit. Brenson had been feeling crummy for a couple days, so he was banished to his room for most of the afternoon. He spent his time playing LEGO, although I think he didn't like missing out on being with everyone. I'm thankful for healthy children!

After some rest time, we broke out the games. Mexican Train dominos is always a favorite. I'm thankful for time to relax and play!

I'm thankful for my family!

We are thankful for so much . . . not just today, but every day! Most of all, though, we are thankful for redemption and the hope we have in Christ. 

We hope you all had a lovely day, too. Don't forget to count your blessings every day!



No comments: