Thursday, December 1, 2022

November Round-Up!

September and October were busy, busy months with travel, school, cross country, and allllll the other things we had going on. Thankfully, November was much slower! It was a very welcomed time of more time at home and more time to relax. Here are some of the things that were part of our month.

Chris and I try to walk during lunch on days we are both home. It's good for both of us to get out of the house, get some fresh air, and get a little exercise. One day while we were walking, we spotted this huge turtle in our neighbor's yard!

We immediately went back to the house to get the kids so they could come see!

 

The kiddos know what my favorite candies are, so after Halloween they will sometimes pick through their stash to find my favorites for me. One day, I saw this sitting on my counter . . . so sweet!

Brianna has the prettiest natural highlights in her hair. I took the photo below one day to show her how beautiful they are!

Of course, November is my birthday month, and the kids and hubby always try to make it special for me. This year, the kids all took a lot of time to make me a special card. 

The front of the card Bren made for me is wood!

Brooke used cardstock stickers to spell Mom!

Brecklyn drew this sweet picture of me!

And Brianna broke out my crafting supplies to make a card!

There are many great things about my parents living close, but one of them is that Dad and I get to celebrate our birthday together again. I always say my favorite thing about my birthday is who I share it with!

Dad's 70th and my 42nd!

On Tuesdays, our local skating rink will sometimes have $2 Tuesdays, which makes going to skate much more reasonable than it is otherwise. However, we have OABS class on Tuesday evenings, so we don't ever participate in $2 Tuesdays at the skating rink. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, however, was a break from class AND $2 Tuesday. So I took the girls skating (including CJ)!

Brecklyn and Brooke

I didn't skate this time, but the girls all had a blast!

Chloe and Bri

Tia and I went out together toward the end of the month to celebrate our birthdays and just for a long overdue evening away. We went to a restaurant in Tulsa called Roosevelt's that is known for its Christmas decor this time of year. I had never been there before this, but I really enjoyed it! There was a fairly long wait, but we just sat in Tia's vehicle and visited until they buzzed her phone. We didn't mind the uninterrupted talk time, for sure!



Finally, we got the house all decorated for Christmas this month! We actually started the weekend before Thanksgiving (because I don't mind mixing Thanksgiving and Christmas) and finished up a few days ago. I put up so much Christmas decor that it takes a while to get it all done! Thankfully, I usually have lots of willing and good helpers. 



No comments: