Monday, November 19, 2018

School Lunch, Another Year Older, and Dickens on the Boulevard!

Hi, Everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. We had several things planned this past weekend, and we enjoyed it despite the rough start. 

I know some students are out of school this whole week, but mine still have school today and tomorrow before we get to start Thanksgiving Break. This past Friday, our school had a Thanksgiving Lunch for anyone who wanted to join their student at school. Chris took a half day off of work, and we planned to go to lunch as a family. However, early Friday morning (at like 4am), Brenson started throwing up, and he continued to throw up every hour for about 10 hours. Chris was super-dad and took the toddler twins to school by himself to have lunch with Brianna. 

Brooke and Brianna

Brianna and Brecklyn

Daddy and Brianna

Brianna always loves it when we come to school to see her. She adores having her sisters there, and her classmates always give them lots of attention!

While Daddy and the girls were having fun at school, I was home trying to take care of my sick boy. I texted Bren's teacher before school on Friday to let her know he wouldn't be there. She replied that there was something going around the class. I found out later in the day that there were a total of 10 students (half the class!) absent that day with the stomach bug. Yikes!
 
I was lamenting to my Mom about having a pukey kid. Her response to my text cracked me up!

Bren slept on and off most of the afternoon, then had a good night's rest. He woke up feeling fine on Saturday morning, just in time to celebrate my 38th birthday! We had cake and opened gifts at 10:00am . . . I'm not even ashamed, haha!

I was so thankful everyone was feeling good and well on my birthday!

Daddy loves to shoot off a confetti gun when we're celebrating. It made for a cute picture, but it was sure a pain to clean up!!!

We had a leisurely morning at home setting up our small Christmas tree upstairs, ate a late lunch at my favorite local Mexican restaurant, then all took naps that afternoon. My kind of day!!! 

That evening, our town was hosting a festival called Dickens on the Boulevard. We went to this event two years ago and had a great time, so I told Chris that I really wanted to go this year on my birthday. I was happy that it worked out for us to go!

Watching the Blacksmith is a favorite activity!

This year, there was a man making leather goods. I don't remember seeing him before, but it was neat to watch him work. 

Many of the shops downtown were participating in the Living Windows contest, and had real people posed in Victorian-era costumes in the windows. Brecklyn didn't realize the people were living until one winked at her. She took off running faster than I could catch her, lol!

This lady was spinning wool into yarn.

The kids thought this covered wagon was interesting. 

And, of course, everyone enjoyed seeing all the people in costume!

When we were getting ready to leave the house to head to the event, Brecklyn asked me where we were going. I told her Dickens on the Boulevard, and she said, "Chickens on the Boulevard?!? I love chicken!!!" Lol. She was a little disappointed when I told her there wouldn't be any chicken there (and girl-child really does LOVE chicken . . . it's probably her favorite food)!

Even though there wasn't chicken, we did enjoy hot cocoa and the tastiest kettle corn I've ever eaten (and I don't even like kettle corn!). We capped off the outing with a visit to Santa who was set up in one of the antique stores.

I'll admit that I was pretty discouraged Friday morning when Bren woke up so sick. I assumed our whole weekend would be ruined, but thankfully the throwing up didn't last too long. No one else has gotten it yet, and I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way!

Happy Monday!



No comments: