Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cold Turkey... AHHHHHH!

So at the beginning of 2008, I was instructed by my doc that I needed to cut WAY BACK on my caffeine consumption. Since I would drink and average of 120 ounces of iced tea a day, this was not an easy task. However, I was doing great, drinking de-caf tea and saving about $2.00 a day by not going to Sonic every day. AND the most important thing, I was still getting my "tea fix" (even though it was de-caf...bleh).

Then, last week, I somehow acquired a Urinary Track Infection. My doc banned me from drinking anything but water and cranberry juice (bleh!) for TWO WEEKS!!! This was not at all a problem since I just lightly laughed and said "yeah but I can have tea too, right?" And do you know what my doctor said??? SHE SAID NO! NO TEA! AHHHHH! I had to quit my tea habit COLD TURKEY! It's been a week since I've had tea and oh how I miss it! Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water...

Tea, we'll be reunited soon...until then, I'll miss you sorely.

No comments: