Monday, February 2, 2009

Pasteurize the Donkeys

One of my goals for the year is to read the bible through in chronological order. Chris is trying to do this as well, so most evenings, we read and study together. Our habit is to alternate reading the passage aloud and discuss it as we go along.

The other night, it was Chris's turn to read. He was really tired and was stumbling over words and phrases. I was also tired and trying not to laugh at him. I always laugh at inappropriate times... especially if I'm tired.

He came to this verse:
There were the sons of Zibeon: both Ajah and Anah. This was the Anah who found the water in the wilderness as he pastured the donkeys of his father Zibeon.

And read it like this:
These were the sons of Zibeon: both Ajah and Anah. This was the Anah who found the water in the wilderness as he pasteurized the donkeys of his father Zibeon.

I tried to stifle my giggle, but I just couldn't. Before I knew it, we were both laughing hysterically at the thought of pasteurized donkeys. Poor donkey, being pasteurized must be tough! Heehee!

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Yay Chelley, I didn't know you blogged. You also have a cute blog. I'm fixing to read through a few posts and then link your blog on mine so I can check it frequently. I love your header!!

Lisa said...

That's hilarious!

Can't wait to see you guys on Friday!