Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Corporate Christmas

This past weekend, Chris and I attended his work Christmas party. This is the 3rd Christmas that Chris has been with this company, but I had yet to attend a Christmas party with him. Dressy Christmas parties with hundreds of people I don't know aren't really my scene. The first year we had company, and last year I played the 'pregnant' card. This year, however, I couldn't come up with a good excuse, so I reluctantly agreed to go.

The company Chris worked for before this one had very casual Christmas parties. As in, everyone wore jeans and they served finger foods. Of course, I worked for the State, so our Christmas parties consisted of homemade casseroles and a 2 liter of pop in the break room. I was pretty nervous not knowing what to expect out of the evening. I have to admit, it was kind of fun getting dressed up and going out for the evening (thanks, Kendall, for watching B!).
The event was held at a beautiful, restored hotel in the nearby Big City. The food was great, and I was able to meet a lot of Chris's coworkers. Overall, a pretty decent evening :-).

Now, if we had only snagged one the awesome door prizes, it would have been perfect *grin*.

2 comments:

Cayce, Sara, and Lily said...

How fun to enjoy a grown-up, dressy, night out! I would die if I could get gussied up for a night on the town! *sigh*

Unknown said...

I would love to watch B for you if you ever need to go on another date night! :)