Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 35 weeks!

This past Monday marked the completion of my 35th week of pregnancy. I wanted to wait until today to post  the update because I had an appointment with Dr. N this afternoon.

Here I am today at 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant:
And here I am at 35 weeks pregnant with Brianna:
I purposely wore the same shirt, but had to flip the second photo for better comparison. I think I look about the same in these photos.

All of my appointments have been on Monday during this pregnancy. However, the office was closed this past Monday due to the holiday, so that's why I had a Wednesday appointment. In the 2 weeks and 2 days since my last appointment, I've gained 1 pound. I couldn't believe it! Since Christmas was during those 2 weeks, along with the fact that I had an afternoon appointment instead of a first-thing-in-the-morning appointment, I was expecting a larger weight gain than that! I'll take it for sure though :-). That puts my total weight gain at 25 pounds.

My blood pressure was 118 over 78. While that's perfectly fine, it's a bit higher than mine normally runs.

I had to have my Group B Strep test today, which consists of a quick swab of the down under area. That meant it was a bottoms-off appointment. Ick. The rest of the appointments from here on out will probably be bottoms-off. Brianna was with us (like she always is) during the appointment and was a bit confused as to why I was undressing. She said, "Momma go potty?"  Later this evening on the way home from Bible class, she said, "Baby doctor." We said, "Yes, we went to see the baby doctor today didn't we?" She replied, "Momma pants off." Haha . . . I guess that made quite an impression on her :-). I'm not sure when I'll find out the results of the test.

Dr. N talked to me a little about my belly button. He said that it is a hernia and may or may not go back down completely after I give birth. He also rubbed and massaged it a bit to push it in and make sure it was soft (which it is). It doesn't stick out quite as much now as it did before. He said that depending on what it does after I give birth, I may have to have surgery to have it repaired. I'm not worrying about that now . . . we'll just wait and see what happens.

Our ultrasound today was very short and sweet. Brenson is still head down (and should not turn at this point, so that's a good thing!). He was very active, and his heartbeat sounded good and strong. I can't get over how active he is for long periods of time during the day (and wee hours of the morning, too). His kicks and movements are way harder than I ever remember Brianna's being. Sometimes they take my breath away and often they are painful. Brianna loves to feel my belly lately, and he always reacts big to her {generally cold} little hands. She will pull up my shirt, put her hands on my belly, and say "kicking?" It makes us laugh.

We are on to every week appointments now, and our next appointment is first thing Monday morning. I really wanted to get back to Monday appointments even though that makes this one and the next only 5 days apart.

I have lots of blogging to catch up on, so hopefully I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the updates....I am at 34 weeks and they told me I dont get anymore ultrasounds...boo!