Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Baby Shower for Tia

I've mentioned on here several times before that one of my closest friends, Tia, is expecting a baby. They are having a girl (whose name is Lucy), and she will be about 12 weeks younger than Brenson. 

Tia and Ross go to church with us, and we've known them for about 5 years. I was so SO excited to help host and plan their church baby shower!!!

I was in charge of most of the decorating. We always have church showers in our church building's multi-purpose room, so it's hard to make it look really cute and cozy. I sure tried, though!

This is a 12 foot bulletin board that swallows one wall of the multi. I made the pennant border and elephants (made from foam board and covered in fabric), and cut the letters on my Cricut machine.

This tree I found at Target, and the cake-stand I already owned. I just changed the ribbon out. Also, the wreath in the background my sister made.

The topiaries I borrowed from my sister (who made them) and the diaper cake I made. It was super-simple!

I also made the framed L is for Lucy print, and my sister made the diaper stroller.

One of my favorite ways to decorate for a baby shower is with a clothes line of baby clothes!

The table centerpieces are made from tissue paper. My sis helped me make those.

I couldn't resist these super cute chocolate candy wrappers that I had personalized. Silly? Yes. Fun? Yes :-).

I also framed one of the invitations as a keepsake for them.

This beautiful cake was made by the mom of one of our members. It turned out just perfect!

Here is a photo of the gift table and the bulletin board behind it. The LUCY letters were raw wood letters that I purchased at Hob Lob and covered. Some of the decorations were also gifts to be used in Lucy's nursery.

Brenson and his friend Maci (who is 3 weeks older than Brenson) enjoyed the shower.

We always do couples' showers at church, which is actually really fun. The men tend to keep things light and funny.

Ross did not disappoint! He kept everyone laughing the whole time!

The beautiful Mommy and Daddy:

This photo is not flattering of me, but it's the only one we got. I love and cherish this friendship!



No comments: