Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Randoms

This morning, the children and I paid a visit to the local Wally World. I kind of hate that place, but I had a whole list of random things I needed to pick up, and Walmart was the easiest way to do it. One thing on my list was crepe paper (ya know, party streamers), and would you believe my Walmart no longer carries them??? How does the tackiest store in America not have streamers?!?

{Brenson eating green beans and LOVING them!}

While we were checking out, there was a fresh-out-of-high-school young man and his mother (or grandmother . . . I couldn't really tell which) in line in front of us. He was buying college and dorm supplies. The cashier asked Mom if she was going to go clean his dorm room for him. Mom replied, "No, I raised him to not be helpless. He's a good boy and I trust him to do a good job." The young man just smiled and said, "Yes, m'am, I'll be doing my own cleaning." That was pretty refreshing to me. I know I'm not the only one who often witnesses parents yelling at their kids, calling them all sorts of terrible names, and basically telling them (verbally and non-verbally) how worthless they are while shopping in Walmart. It was nice to hear someone say something nice about their child. And, judging by his manners and demeanor, I imagine she was exactly right.

{Does he look about 8 months old in this photo? I think yes.}

Are you all the type of people that always put your cart in the cart corral or walk it back into the store? If not, you should be. I never leave my cart just hanging out in the parking lot. It is beyond irritating to me when people do that. I mean, how many times have you walked out of a store only to discover that someone's unruly orphan cart has rolled into your car? Then, your car is all dinged up, and you are left to take care of someone else's cart. This has happened to me more times that I can count. Well, today I did it . . . I left my cart loose in the parking lot *hanging head in shame*. I just felt like I didn't have a choice because my kids were in my car, the car was running (due to the 110 degree heat), and I had parked about 6 spaces away from a cart corral. I normally park right next to them so that this isn't a problem, but I couldn't find said spot today. I actually stood outside of my car and debated what to do with my cart for like 3 minutes. In the end, not walking away from my kids in my running car in the Walmart parking lot won out.

{Sweet, happy little guy}

One more thought for the day: Brenson is a seriously photogenic little man. Now, before I say more, I will say that I realize not everyone may agree with this statement. I know I'm not the only one who has been reading someone's blog or facebook post and they have said something to the effect of, "Look at my baby! Could they get any cuter?!? Squeee!" and the only thing you can think to say is "Hmmmm." For that reason, I try really hard to not make statements like that. I'm totally biased, and I know that (I think everyone should feel like their kid is the cutest thing ever). BUT, I do think he is precious and the camera loves the boy. He is so easy to photograph and those dimples get me every time!

Speaking of Brenson, he's been on a bit of a napping strike lately. He only slept for 10 minutes of his morning nap today. Both babies are asleep right now, but I don't know how long it will last. Brenson has been cutting his afternoon nap pretty short for the last 3 or 4 days, so I have a feeling he may be awake soon. Of course, I've used my time to blog this afternoon instead of do housework. I'm sure my laundry will hold that against me later *grin*.

Happy Monday!



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Squee! He is sooooo cute! I may be a biased Aunty, too, though...

Wal-Mart = kill me now with a sharp object through my eye

Johannah Sirois said...

New Follower! Your kids are super cute!! =) And I agree about the cart thing...I always put mine away =)

Joy Lin said...

The new college student...please tell me he's going to be one of mine!

Cheryl said...

Cute pics of baby boy! That's neat to overhear the good comment from that mom in WM. You're right that we usually hear so much negative stuff about kids.