Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Patching

One of our Autumn traditions is to visit the Pumpkin Patch as a family. The children and I actually went to a pumpkin patch a few weeks ago, but it wasn't the same without Daddy. Plus, we have our favorite patch that we like to visit each year.

The first thing I like to do when we get to the patch is to take photos. I pretty much just want to get this part out of the way so we can really enjoy the rest of our time there. Brianna wasn't being super cooperative this day, but I did manage to capture this super cute photo of her. I've already framed it and put it out with my "Harvest" decorations!

Brenson was certainly more interested in exploring the pumpkins and people watching than in taking photos. However, I do LOVE this one of him:

Chris put a pumpkin in his lap and he was SO excited! I love this look on his face like "Really? I can hold this?"

My sister and her family came with us this year (actually, they met us there), and it was great to have someone take our family photo for us. We usually just stop a random person and ask them to do it. I was THRILLED with how this photo turned out. I think it's my new favorite of the family!

Brianna had so much fun running through the haybale maze. I adore this photo because of her hair. You may remember that as a baby Brianna had super-wild hair. Well, it's still wild (especially after she's been asleep), but it's also beautiful and thick. Isn't it beautiful in this photo?

Chris pulled our two in a wagon while Chloe walked along side. Brianna really wanted Chloe to ride in the wagon too, but Chloe much preferred to walk.

We thought the girls would be scared of this scarecrow, but they weren't. This photo is really funny to me.

Both of my children LOVE animals. How did that happen??? I am soooo not an animal person. Like at all. And I never have been. The patch has all kinds of animals that you can feed and pet, and I'm so glad Daddy was there to help the kiddos with that :-).

Brianna and Aunt Lisa pet this little piglet. Ummm, no thanks!

This year, the patch had a Cane Maze (which was more like a Cane Path than a Cane Maze). It wasn't my favorite part of the trip. But, I do love this photo!

We did purchase several pumpkins, and both of the kids got to choose one to put in their room. Brenson wasn't too sure about this at first.

But he ended up choosing a really pretty little pumpkin. Mommy approved!

He's holding his pumpkin out for Daddy to see. I love how he "shows" us things now.

 I so love this time of year and our annual family trip to the pumpkin patch! I cherish these memories!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family, and the pictures are so bright in the fall. Thank you for sharing with us. Have a great weekend.

Lisa said...

Mer! I loved that little piggy!

Cheryl said...

What a fun outing! Your pics are great and yes, Brianna's hair is beautiful!