Monday, May 11, 2015

Bloom Where You're Planted

I'm a lover of all seasons, and winter is no exception to that. I love frosty, cold air, snow, being able to see my breathe when I walk outside, bundling up in coats, hats, and gloves, and drinks that warm you from the inside out. However, each year when Spring makes an appearance for the first time, it feels like a breath of fresh air to me. And - while Spring is probably my least favorite season - I so enjoy the smells of soft, spring rain, watching flowers bloom into beautiful, bright colors, and those first soft breezes of sweet, warm air. 

In front of our house is a large flowerbed where we planted a rose bush a few years ago. Each year, this bush has bloomed bigger, brighter, and more beautiful than the year before. 

Brianna constantly comments about the beauty of our rose bush. We pray that she always appreciates God's marvelous creation.

Just like our rose bush, Brianna's beauty continues to bloom both inside and out. 

This has become one of my favorite photos of my big girl and me!

This girl is such a little Daddy's girl, and I think it's pretty precious. 

Mr. Brenson is our lover of all things outdoors, so he is thrilled that Spring is here!

This little guy has such a sweet spirit and loving heart. We pray that those virtues continue to bloom in him, as well. 

Ah, my boy . . . another favorite photo!

Brenson gets so excited about little things in life. May he always appreciate life's little pleasures!

Daddy and his boy . . . looking forward to working in the yard together and spending time outdoors.

Just like Spring, Miss Brooke Ellie is fresh and new this year.

We know that the days of fitting so securely in Daddy's arms will not last forever. Just like the flowers of Spring, she will grow,

so we're soaking her up while we can.
 

And, littlest sister, also so small and new,

we are excited to watch you bloom, but anxious to hold on to you today.

The Lord has truly blessed us with these beautiful flowers. Thank you, God, for all things lovely. Thank you for Springs and blooms . . . for fresh starts and new beginnings . . . for sweet smells and soft breezes . . . for Your love and life and bountiful blessings.


No comments: