Thursday, September 20, 2018

Better Late Than Never, Right?!?

Every year since Brianna turned one year old, I have been faithful about getting photos taken of the kids around their birthdays and in their birthday outfits. Then, last year LIFE happened (read: I was pregnant with Bristol and beyond exhausted the entire Spring, then we lost Bristol and I was not in a great place emotionally most of the Summer), and last year the birthday pictures did not happen until August. BUT, they did happen. This year, it hit me a few weeks ago that I never had the kids' birthday pics taken. I mean, it completely just slipped my mind! 

So, this past weekend, I thought I would take the kids to the Will Rogers Memorial in town and just do a quick little photo shoot with them on Saturday. However, Saturday got busy, and it didn't happen. The weather on Sunday was gorgeous, so I told Chris driving home from church that evening that I wanted to get everyone changed and go take some pictures. We were on a limited timeline due to the sun setting, but he obliged.

Thankfully, all the kids cooperated, and I'm satisfied with how the photos turned out. I don't claim to be a photographer - and I certainly don't have professional equipment - but I'm thankful to have these pics even if they are seven *ahem* months late :-).

Brooke was up first. She's typically easy to get good photos of, and I love how expressive she is!



Love those dimples!

Brianna is my other easy child when it comes to photos. She's also very expressive, though she's learned to pose more as she's gotten older.


Classic Brianna face :-)


Brenson and Brecklyn are both challenging when it comes to taking photos. They are very difficult to get a genuine smile from, although they are both very photogenic. 

Brecklyn

I'm three!



Brenson has recently started showing allllll his teeth when he smiles for the camera. Sigh.

We definitely got some cute ones, though!



Getting a good photo of all four kids together is usually the biggest challenge. A few years ago, it was next to impossible, but that has improved a lot as they've gotten older. I love this series of pics I captured of the four of them . . . so much love and joy!

Brianna, Brooke, Brecklyn, and Brenson




Favorite 💓



No comments: